Monday, November 15, 2010

The One Year Book of Encouragement by Harold Myra


I chose this book from Tyndale House Publishing (thanks for the book but the review is mine)specifically because of the old-style font on the title. I know, a sad reason but I'm a sucker for anything that's old. I was delightfully surprised to see that the date on each page is also of this font. However, the font is only 'the cherry on top' of this this dark chocolate sundae.

Mr. Myra has taken writings from some pretty lofty places to encourage us on a daily basis.  There are authors used from centuries ago like Martin Luther to authors of this time like Billy Graham and even more recent ones that I admit I'm not familiar with. I like that mixture as well, because it allows for the reader's needs to change. Sometimes, you need to eat meat and potatoes, sometimes you need your veggies, and sometimes just a pure drink of water. This devotional is meant to be used as you like, daily, in passing, or to mark, highlight, and make notes in....whichever way will inspire and encourage you in this worry riddled world. I'll be grabbing this book routinely.  The wisdom will feed your soul as well.

Thanks Mr. Myra and Tyndale House. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment