Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wildflower Bride by Mary Connealy

Another wild Montana ride is in this 3rd and last book of Montana Marriages. It picks up about a year or so after Montana Rose ended. We still have our Divide, Montana territory community of Belle and Silas Tanner..I mean, Harden, and Cassie and Red Dawson and, now, Wade and Glowing Sun (Abby) Sawyer.  Just to give you an idea how funny this series of books is, take a look at what Belle Tanner (a Calamity Jane type) is saying to Cassie Dawson (the extremely sheltered china doll type):
“We’ll work on roping and busting steers and the other chores any decent woman (italics mine) oughta know. It’s unbelievable you’ve never learned bronc riding. What is Red thinking? .... Have you ever cracked a bullwhip?” Cassie shook her head. she’d never even seen one. “I’d love to have you visit.”
My hiney would fall off from all the laughing, if only....you know, 'laugh my hiney off'? I must not be a decent woman then, how about you? Anyways, just as Red Dawson has to kiss Cassie to distract her from a rant, Abby threatens Wade after every kiss and she's very good with a knife!
I couldn't connect with the characters in this installment as well as I could the previous two books though and I'm not sure why. The Wade character is very developed, more than Abby is actually. I wondered a few times why it wasn't named Wildflower Groom. It has everything I like in  good book so, it must've been me.
4 Stars for a Good Story- there are subplots galore and all good.
3 Stars for Chemistry-As my dear friend Angie's new banner says, 'I like my books the way I like coffee, Hot and with Chocolate.' This cup of joe was only lukewarm for me, alas...but I any kind of coffee too.
4 Stars for God's Influence-Wade's sadistic, abusive tyrant of a father even begins to soften a bit with some tough love and Christians all around and I gotta love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment