Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beyond This Moment by Tamera Alexander

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=beyond+this+moment&sprefix=beyond+this+mom&ih=14_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_1.74_612&fsc=13

Ah, another good read Ms. Alexander. This damsel in distress reminds me of Tess of the d'Urbervilles, to begin with; Molly's been used......and discarded.....then cast out under duress and finds herself getting off a train in the Colorado Territory. I like the inner conflict of self preservation and following God's will and ways put into story form. We all have it. Romans 7:19 says, 'For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.' She has one moment of poor judgment and then tells one lie...that turns into another and the conflict continues with guilt, self loathing, and remorse added to the mix. All the while praying for God to get her out of the mess with no wrinkles in her dress to boot!
As we all do, she prays about it, sees the natural consequences and concludes that it's all punishment from God. But Molly is a tough cookie who really deep down knows her God; the circumstances feel bigger than Him. The fun part of this book is seeing just how God manages to use each indiscretion, mistake, and lie to His good. Her dress still manages to get wrinkled though. ;0)
I can't wait for my next installment Tamera! Within My Heart is due out in September, I believe.
5 Stars for Story Depth- the secondary and tertiary dramas going on are great!
4 Stars for the Temperature Setting- Boy, it was warm in those mountains! Lots of goosebumps and butterflies as well as nail biting here.
4 Stars for Celestial Inspiration- I'm reminded yet again, that even though I keep stirring up my own pot, God knows how to cook this stew much better than me. It's His recipe and I'm only one of the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment