Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Surrender the Heart by MaryLu Tyndall

OK, any book that makes me stay up til 0500 is a good book.

I. Am. NOT. A. Night. Owl. This point cannot be overstated.

This story is full of twists and turns, a hint of a spiritual attack, just when you think it's all over for Marianne, another chapter (maddeningly) takes you off to another adventure- one with Noah. He could be my new hero--so...wow, what adjective to put here?

I love American history, Errol Flynn (Captain Blood), and you, too MaryLu Tyndall!

I have a confession to make. With the holidays, a sick child, and working extra shifts, I'd forgotten to post my review. I realized it when I sat down to review Surrender the Heart's sequel, Surrender the Night, which is also and amazing account of our forefather's courage during the War of 1812. So I picked it up thinking I'll skim through to refresh my memory-no chance- I ended up reading it cover to cover again--and so will you.This book had me crying, giggling, and heart thump-th-thumping. If I were to add anything to this book, it would've been more romance, without giving out a spoiler, at the end.

If the real battles of our War of Independence or War of 1812 were anything like the battles in this book then, I am in even more awe of our awesome country's founders .....and I am always in awe of their courage and what they sacrificed. We all have a reason for being on this planet, our only charge is to allow God to tell us what that is and then have the courage to carry it out...'for such a time as this.'

Thanks to NetGalley for my ecopy but remember, this review is mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment